The brake system is one of the most important safety features of your vehicle, it is crucial to have the brake system inspected at least once a year. If you suspect that you may have a brake problem do not wait to have it inspected, not only does your life depend on your brakes, your fellow motorists do as well.
Signs You May Need Brake Repairs
1. Your pedal is squishy. – This could be a sign you are losing brake fluid. When you apple the brake, your pedal may feel spongy, requiring you to press down on the brake harder to get your vehicle to stop.
2. There is a burning smell. – When you apply your brake and there is a burning, chemical smell, you won’t be able to miss it. This is usually a sign that your brake system is overheating. Pull over and let your vehicle/brakes cool down. Then, call our auto repair shop for necessary brake services.
3. Your steering wheel is vibrating when you brake. – Whether your wheel shakes or pulls to one side or the other, it may be a sign that your rotor is in need of repair/replacement. Have this checked ASAP to ensure your vehicle can stop correctly.
4. Your brake light is on. – Located on your dashboard is a red or yellow brake warning light. If this is appearing, it is time for brake services. At Snowden Automotive, we will take a look at your brakes and offer the best solution for service or repairs.
We perform service and repair to all brake systems types and components, including:
- Disc Brakes
- Drum Brakes
- Brake Calipers
- ABS (Antilock Brake System)
- Brake Rotors
- Brake Hydraulic System
Everyone drives differently, which is why it is so difficult to put a length on the amount of time your brakes will last. However, when you are experiencing brake issues in the Beaumont, TX area, it is important to have them repaired as soon as possible to maintain your safety and the safety of others on the road. Bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop today!